Sunday, December 11, 2005

Quiver and Truck!

(Click on pic for larger image)














C.J., Dicky,Truck and Quiver!
This is C.J.'s truck which we built especially for this trip. It looks like an old truck but it is all new where it counts! We designed and built this vehicle to blend in in Mexico.
This pic is just before we left from Corpus Christi to go on a long trip of 16 weeks and over 8,000 miles!
Our quiver consists of, left to right; a 9'0" round pin shaped and glassed by C.J. This is a great board! I have ridden this board in Texas, California, Baja and Mainland Mexico and it rides great! It is maneuverable, nose rides and catches waves like a dream. Next is my yellow David Nuuihwa round pin Infinfity. This board was a birthday present for me from my girlfriend. She had me pick out the board I wanted from any shop in Huntingnton Beach. I chose this one, from the Infinity shop. The blue board was C.J.'s favorite for many years. It is a Steve Tyau East of Hawaii, 7"8", double winger round pin. C.J. rode this board in large and small waves. He drew some incredible lines with it. The last board is a beauty, an 8'6" Tyau full gun. It is fast! I never got to ride it in any sizable waves, mainly because I felt more comfortable on my own board. But I did ride it in some Mexican point surf a few times in some fast breaking 3-5 foot waves with good shape. It was a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Webb said...

hey Dickie! great story so far...keep it up...and if you hear from CJ tell him hello...we need to get him on myspace to play...he does still play occasionally, doesn't he?

love the truck pic from right before ya'll left on your trip...and the great surf shots! what a treasure...we need to print it all out as is for a book.
Karen

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home